Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning

Christmas day started off pretty late in our home. We finally had to wake the kids up at 10am. We LOVE that our children LOVE to sleep! We do count this as a blessing! :)

This is our yearly top of the stairs picture. Maggie is holding the star from her count down to Christmas chain that she made at school. She was very serious about that thing.

I love that Maggie has her eyes closed. Ha! She didn't want to see anything!

And, they're off! Love this!

The girls cared nothing about their presents. They were all about Cash that morning. It was hysterical and so, so sweet. They do love that brother of theirs. I know that in the years to come it will change. So, for now we will cherish it. I love Lily's hand in this picture.

When they were finally done with the excitement of Cash's train table, the girls looked over and saw their art table and presents.

ALL the girls wanted for Christmas were pillow pets. I'm serious! That is ALL they wanted! They asked for NOTHING else! They already had some from last Christmas, so I have no idea what the fascination was all about. Maggie wanted a unicorn and Lily wanted a dolphin. Thankfully, the unicorn was very easy. But, trying to find the dolphin about did us in. I finally found it at Bed Bath and Beyond, of all places. Whew!

I love how you can see the pure excitement on Maggie's face in this set of pictures.

The beloved dolphin!

They all love to sing, so everyone got a microphone of their very own.

After the craziness of Christmas...


we played with new gifts...


ate lots and lots of candy...


read some new books...


acted silly...


watched some new movies...


smiled for the camera...


played baseball in the house...


took naps...


but, we NEVER forgot the true meaning of this day!

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Coming up...Marler Christmas!

7 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

You are blessed oh child of mine! Blessed indeed!
Mammy

Lacey said...

What great pictures. Looks like a fabulous Christmas!! I love the one of Maggie hugging her pillow pet. So sweet!!! Looks like a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Team Dale said...

I am pumped that I gave CASH a pillow pet for his BIRTHDAY!! Just between you and me, was that his favorite gift??? MY girls had to have the dolphin (found it online) and the Lady Bug...funny how they are so specific!!

Misty Straley said...

So fun and cute! My boys got Pillow Pets from their Grammy! Emerson got the Monkey and Langston got the Panda... :) I can't believe those things are such a hit with kids!

Anonymous said...

art table is a grat idea:)

Tanni said...

Looks like a fun afternoon---I mean, morning. :) I am cracking up because my boys only wanted pillow pets too----and they also got a craft table for their playroom. Sweet sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing---now maybe I will blog all the activities of December....maybe! :)

Miss seeing you guys.

Kelli said...

I loved your whole morning recap!! I can't wait next Christmas with two bigger girls!