Friday, December 10, 2010

Around Here

We are gearing up for Cash's party this weekend. I feel like he turned 2, forever ago. But, it was only last week. My dining room table is covered with Elmo, Elmo, and more Elmo. I have been collecting things probably since August. It will be fun to finally see it all come together!

Monday, I mentioned that we were attending our pastors kids Christmas party. It was a blast, as usual, and also VERY cold! When we got back in the car to leave, our car said 32 degrees. Brrrrr..... We all survived the cold and had a great time with many of our dear friends and their families.

Huddled by the fires to stay warm

My boy would not keep his gloves on. Pretty sure that his hands did not thaw out until we got home. Crazy, kid! Ha!

Every kid gets a present that was picked out especially for them. So fun!

The family

These two were inseparable all night
Lily and Lillian

Sweet friends
Greg, Janna, Julia and Lillian (sweet, baby Eleanor stayed home)

Of course, you can't visit a Christmas tree farm without sitting on a tractor! This boy is slightly obsessed!


Lily and I made cookies after school yesterday. The younger two are always napping when she gets home, so it's fun to hang out with just her. Usually, she doesn't like to talk at all after she gets home and just likes to chill and eat a snack. But, on this rare occasion, she asked if we could bake some cookies. Of course, I couldn't pass up the chance.
Love this girl!

Conn, had to work late tonight. The kids were in all in bed and I got this crazy idea to get a little crafty. The word, crafty, being used very loosely! Ha!

Step #1...
I started out with some of this that I found in the girls bow box.

Step #2...
I plugged in one of these

Step # 3...
I cut the ribbon and then placed it on the shirt

Step #4...
I hot glued it down

Step #5...
I found a bag of buttons that I had in our junk drawer, and hot glued those on

Voila! Here you have it!
If you can't tell, it's supposed to be a Christmas tree. :)

Now, as you can see, there was absolutely no sewing or hand stitching done on this project. So, I am fully aware that it will probably all fall off the first time I wash it. Ha!

Oh, and I have a couple of extra shirts that I bought (size 4T and 5T). Let me know if you want me to whip you one on up for your precious girl(s). First come, first served! I am serious! I just can't promise you that it will all stay together for very long. :)

Okay, I think that is it for now.

What do you have planned for this weekend?

10 comments:

Janet said...

Such hidden talent! The shirts are adorable. I am so impressed! IWe are looking forward to the big boy's party.

Toni said...

You are so crafty Ashley! Looking forward to Cash's party. Can't believe our boys are two!

Callie said...

I am SO VERY impressed!! I'd like to take credit for inspiring the crafti-ness in you to come out....I knew it was down there somewhere! I predict in 6 months you'll be sewing!!!

Jill said...

Love the shirts!! I am so going to make one for Molly this afternoon!

Thanks for the inspiration.
Jill

Team Dale said...

SO SUPER CUTE...I would like to be first come...am i??

Jo said...

I love the shirt. That is such a great idea.

Kelli said...

LOVE THE SHIRTS!! If only I lived closer, I would TOTALLY snag a 4T one from you!

WE HAVE CHRIS HOME ALL WEEKEND!!! It is a first in a LONG time! Praise the Lord!!

I can't wait to see pictures from Cash's birthday!

Wendy McWhorter said...

Ashley!! You are full on crafty!! Amazing!

Connie McWhorter said...

Precious shirts! I think cousin Camille might need one!
Love you all, Nanny

Anonymous said...

great idea for a Christmas ornament on the shirt:)you have talent.