Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DQ Country

When Conn got home from work tonight, we were all still in our pj's. It was just one of those days. To tell you the truth, we actually have a lot of those days. Yes, you discovered a little secret of ours. :) You see, we have a lot of pajama days in our home. If we have nowhere to be on a particular day, then we hardly ever get dressed...in real clothes. Please tell me that someone else out there is like this? Anyone?
Anyway, after dinner, we all finally managed to get dressed and set off on a little adventure. Okay, you are about to learn another little secret. Conn and I LOVE to just go driving around. It really doesn't matter where. Anywhere will do, really. Sometimes it's to Sonic. Sometimes it's to look at random neighborhoods with houses that we dream about living in someday. We have even been known to just pop into friends homes unexpectedly. Beware! If could be you! :) When we didn't have any children, he would come home from work, and we would pack an overnight bag and drive to Austin, San Antonio, Galveston, or just even downtown Houston, for the night. Yes, we're crazy like that! Since the kids have come along, we still take spur of the moment adventures, they are just close to home and only last a couple of hours. How often do we take these adventures of ours with the family? Well, about every other night...if, not every night. It is something to do and our kids love it just as much as we do.
Tonight, our adventure led us to Dairy Queen, of all places! HA! Where is there a DQ close to us? Well, there is not. The closest one is about 30 min away. So, off we went. The weather was perfect with an amazing breeze, so we sat outside. Such a great little adventure to end our Wednesday!

Do you and your family take spur of the moment adventures? If so, where do they take you?

16 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Had fun! Cash was a hoot! Can't believe he's 18 mo old and can count to 10 and can sing so many different songs! He takes after the Marler side of the family!!! ha!
Mammy

Amy said...

Have to say we always have a plan...shocker, I know!

I LOVE, LOVE DQ. We make it to Tomball often just for a blizzard too.

Lindsay said...

Our closest DQ is about 30 minutes away and Neal and I were talking about it the other day. We are planning on going up there this weekend!

Um, we have pj days ALL the time!

parsonsfamily said...

so so funny because yes, we LOVE pajama days, and driving around is our favorite little past time too. Maybe it's because the kids are secure in their seats, can't go anywhere, and Andy and I actually get to have a conversation! But we usually end up at TCBY.
I have to say that I"m pretty impressed you got them all coordinating so late at night....they always look so cute.

Missy said...

LOVE PJ days, LOVE DQ! You are so much fun!

Stacy said...

We love doing any kind of road trips. We drive 3 hours to go to a certain zoo and we even drive 4 hours to go to the beach for a day:)

We love PJ day in our house.

Angie said...

DQ is our FAVORITE dessert spot too!! (Accept I always manage to sneak in a steak finger basket with my Blizzard!!) Love keeping up with your sweet family!!

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I ALWAYS take those spur of the moment adventures. And our most recent one led us to Dairy Queen too! haha! It'll be fun to see how we do this with our litte one :)

Misty Straley said...

How fun! I love Lily's new little pierced ears! :) I think I got mine done about the same age. :)

Exum Family said...

Are you kidding?! My neighbors probably think I don't own "real" clothes. I NEVER get dressed. It takes way too much time right now and I'm usually sweating like crazy while my kids play outside, so what's the point, right? I live in a t-shirt and shorts, which I also sleep in right now.

And we are the most unscheduled couple I know. It's terrible! Our kids never go to bed at the same time. We don't go somewhere every night, but if we feel like something, we do it unless our kids just can't take it. I'm glad to know someone else is like that!

Heather said...

2 of my favorite things!! DQ and pajama days!!! YES! cute pics!

annalee said...

woo-hoo for impromptu evenings!
y'all are too fun.
we love those moments when they happen.
nothing like all piling in the car and making memories.
we like to go get cupcakes every now and then!

Jenni said...

I love your blog!

Connie McWhorter said...

Please feel free to "pop in" on us any time!!! Maggie Mae, you just make your Nanny smile!
Love you all, Nanny

Unknown said...

FUN!!!!! Love that y'all just up and go!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Pajama days are a must around our house. In fact, I let my boys wear them everywhere. They pretend like they are Transformers or Superman...whatever pajama set they are wearing at the time. Shhh... don't tell ;)