Saturday, June 26, 2010

Big, Big Day!

Today, we had two major events take place in the McWhorter home...

This morning we finally took Cash, to get his 1st haircut! I loved his long hair, but the back was slowly starting to grow into a baby mullet! We didn't go to any special place, we just took him to where Conn gets his cut. The guy who cut it was so great and Cash did AWESOME! We could not have asked for a better experience! Yay, for being a big boy! :)

***********************************

THEN...it was time for the 2nd major event of the day!! Lily, decided that she wanted to get her ears pierced! We had been talking it up for almost a year, but she just wasn't ever ready. So, we didn't force it. Finally, this past Friday, she just started bringing it up again. So, we jumped on it before she decided to change her mind.

Lily did so great! She did cry, but we fully expected that. Heck, Conn even teared up. HA! The place where we had it done was outstanding! They were so great about telling her every step that was going to take place.

We celebrated our BIG day with Mexican food and free ice cream...of course!

11 comments:

Missy said...

Bless her heart!!! It took me until college to get the nerve to pierce my ears and it only lasted a few years. :)

Sounds like y'all made some sweet memories today with the fam!

Amy said...

WOW, that was a big day. Tell Lily that they look great.

Katy said...

Those pictures are great, love the "about give pierced face"..
your family is so beautiful Ashley!

The Peterson's said...

Loved the pics...she did great! Riley has been begging me for pierced ears. And of course, Cash is a doll too.

Kelly said...

My mom got pierced my ears when I was 8 months old. Then I got them repierced when I was 16 and it hurt.


Looks like y'all had a wonderful day!!!!!

Connie McWhorter said...

Oh, my what a day!!! I love Cash's new "do". He looks like a real litle man now. Lily, I am so proud of you. Your earrings look just like Nanny's pink flower ones. I can hardly wait to go shopping with you for earrings when you can change the original ones. What fun!!! Love, Nanny

Exum Family said...

How exciting!! I remember Jackson's baby mullet. He still gets one from time to time. :) That picture of Lily crying when they were piercing her ears made me cry. What a brave girl! I forgot that it can be scary. Love your family!

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

What a big big girl that sweet Lily Belle is! So proud of her! I know it was a HUGE step for her cause we all she's a big scare-dy cat!
And Cash looks like a doll with his big boy haircut!! He's just stinkin' cute! He better get him a big 'ole stick to keep all the girls off of him!!
Had fun together at the pool tonight!!
Mammy

Wendy McWhorter said...

Wow! I can't even think about going through that with Camille again- she will have to wait until she can drive herself there. Lily looks beautiful!

Lacey said...

Awww...I love the pictures of Lily getting her ears pierced. What a big girl!!! And they look great!!! So cute that Conn teared up. These Daddys and their daughters- I love it!

Danyel Lintelman said...

Oh, so sweet. I love her face when they are about to pull the trigger. Pure terror! But she looks beautiful with her new earrings. Such a big girl now!