- Your baby is almost ready and most likely, so are you! The only organ still to mature is the lungs. While certainly you are both growing anxious to meet, remember that each day (up to 42 weeks), that your little one stays within your womb will multiply his chances to breathe on his own.
- If he hasn't already, this week your baby may drop into the birth canal. While breathing for mom becomes easier, walking may be the exact opposite! If he's not your first baby, this "lightening" may not occur until right before labor.
- Fat is dimpling your baby's elbows and knees, and forming creases in the neck and wrists.
- His skin is growing smooth and, shall we say it, "baby" soft.
- His gums are very rigid. It won't be many months before you'll see his teeth.
- She has a fully developed pair of kidneys and her liver has begun processing some waste products.
- Your child's average size is now 18.66 inches (47.4cm) and 5.78 pounds (2622 g). Between now and birth she will gain about an ounce a day!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Today, I am 36 weeks. That means 4 weeks to go! Oh my word!!! I can't believe that it is already almost here. I was late with Lily, and early with Maggie, so who knows when this little man will arrive. I have been having some pretty strong contractions/braxton hicks a couple of times a day, so at my appointment yesterday, Dr. Strong wanted to check to see how I was "progressing". He said I was dilated to a 1, but nothing much else. He did a very quick ultrasound (didn't even get pictures) to see if Cash is still head down, and he is. Praise the Lord for that! I will be posting some pictures soon of Cash's COMPLETED room that my mom, dad, and I (& Conn) started and finished in one day. Go us! :) That's about it for now! Have glorious weekend!!!
Posted by Ashley McWhorter