Friday, November 21, 2008

Gobble...Gobble

Lily and Maggie had their Thanksgiving Feasts at school yesterday. Conn and I were both able to go and it worked out where we were able to spend time in both classes. Besides the feasts itself, it was so fun to see each of the girls in a classroom environment. Conn and I kept looking at each other and saying, "Who are these children?" "Did she really just use that great of manners?" "Should we tell the teacher that we just bought The Strong Willed Child, yesterday, because we are at our wit's end?" "She really does know how to eat a whole meal with out getting out of her seat!" It really reassured us that maybe we are doing something right with these two girls, after all.

Maggie's class made "gobble...gobble" shirts using their own hand prints and feet.

Lily's class dressed as Indians. Her chosen Indian name was White Dove. She told us later that she was upset when they had drawn their names, because she wanted to be Flower Princess like her friend Hannah. When we asked her why, she said because her real name really is a kind of flower. Good point! :)

9 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

You have the most beautiful family I have ever seen!
I cannot wait to meet Cash!

Summer said...

I love the Gobble Gobble shirt!

My oldest is VERY strong willed, so I know what you mean. It is nice knowing that kids can and do act like normal human beings outside of the house. I often wonder why they can't act that way inside the home.

Amy said...

Looks like a fun day. We missed Lily this year at Wildwood. It just wasnt the same.

Lindsay said...

Cute! They always act better for their teachers than they do at home...what's up with that?

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Cutest little turkey I've ever seen!!!
Mammy

whitney said...

so neat....we had a call from Cady's teacher today to tell me how well mannered and attentive both she and Jadyn are....we were like "really"? so, maybe we are all doing more right than we think :)

Tara Powell said...

let me know how that strong willed child book is. I have one myself and know that wits end feeling too well! :)

Lorren Says... said...

Sooo cute! As mother to a 9 year old who defines strong willed, let me tell you there's hope! I'd also like to think as long as they obey other adults we're doing alright. Zoi told me while homeschooling, "Mom, you know why I obey my teacher? Because she's a stranger.". Hmmm...

Tiffany said...

Too cute!! I am actually in the middle of a blog that is about the fact that I was the strong willed child. If I ever get more than 5 minutes of stillness, I'll finish it. So, be on the lookout! :) My only encouragement for you is...know that her strong will might just come in handy someday. Until then, hang on...it is sure to be an exciting ride!