Sunday, November 30, 2008

We May Have An Early Bird...

I started having pretty consistent contractions last night during church (we were at our Sat. night service). After getting home, and putting the girls to bed, Conn started timing them (while watching a football game, of course) and they were about 4-5 min. a part for over an hour. Around 11:30, we decided to go to the hospital just to "check things out". My parents came right over to stay with the girls. My friend and nurse, Linda, met us up at the hospital. She wasn't even on call. Man, we are so blessed! Well, she checked me and I was dilated to 4cm and having regular contractions on the screen. She then wanted me to walk around for 30 min., and then check my progress. After the 30 min., she checked me again, and...no change. Just, stronger contractions. So...not wanting to sit up at the hospital for who knows how long, Conn and I decided to come home and "wait it out". We both really thought we would be back up there a couple of hours later. I did come home and eventually fall asleep, but did wake up several times with a tight tummy and some pressure. But, here it is 9:45 a.m., and I am blogging while Conn is at church doing his pastoral duties. The contractions are still pretty much the same and are still pretty frequent. So....we shall see. This little man will probably be making an early entrance...or he could just be teasing us all. Stay tuned!!!

14 comments:

stephanie said...

wooohooo!!! we know you will keep us posted!

you can't miss the festivities planned for the next week. it wouldn't be the same without y'all!!

Lindsay said...

Exciting! Can't wait to hear an update.

Lorren Says... said...

Praying for you, Ashley!!

Janet said...

OOOOOH! I am so excited!

Love you,
Janet

Callie said...

oh my goodness!! Am I on the call list?? Or at least the text message list??? I better be!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Praying for you today... Linda said that you are thinking tonight...I am sure that your instincts are right by #3!
Can't wait to meet Cash!

Amanda said...

I am ready!!! Bring it on Cash! We can't wait to see you!!

Our Life Together said...

Wow...how exciting. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.

Summer said...

How exciting!! Hope everything goes well. You and your family are in my prayers! Can't wait for an update:)

Lacey said...

WE are PUMPED!!! Can't wait to meet this little man. I just knew it would be last night. Conn seemed pretty sure you were in labor when we saw him at the park. This little stinker is like Hadley....a LONG early labor. I wonder if he'll make it until December???? He won't make it past the 1st...that's for sure. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome to BLUE and welcome to the wonderful world of THREE KIDDOS!!!

Sarah S said...

Do we have any news?? I will be constantly checking on you now!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Love You!

Heidi said...

How exciting!! Did that Italian food do the trick? Keep us posted, I will be checking back!

Jaclyn said...

ok, now i am anxious! I have checked your blog like 15 times today :)
Keep us posted!!!!

Danyel Lintelman said...

How exciting! I will be praying for you guys. It is already 11:00p.m. He is probably alerady here! Yea!!!