Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cabo and an "I Do"

Conn and I were blessed to spend the past 6 days in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Thankfully, Hurricane Rick did not hinder our trip, and we were able to leave last Wed. The reason for going to Cabo, was not only for an amazing getaway, but Conn also had the honor of performing a wedding ceremony for some friends that used to be in his student ministry many years ago.

This is on our first day. My luggage didn't make it to Cabo until the day after we arrived, so I had to wear this outfit a couple of times. But, nothing much matters when you are on vacation in this glorious place.

Where we ate breakfast every morning.
The hotel had a zip line that went out to the beach. So, Conn decided to give it a try.
This was the view from our room. We were supposed to have a garden view, but got upgraded to this when we arrived. Darn! :)
One of our favorite parts of the trip, was hanging out by the pool with the bride and grooms' families.
and, of course doing this...
for hours, and hours, and hours...
Thursday night was the rehearsal.
Friday morning, we finally pulled ourselves away from the pool and made our way down to the beach and ocean. Conn tried to do a little bit of snorkeling, but the ocean was just a tad bit rough from the "hurricane".
This is about as far as I went.
We climbed some huge rocks that overlooked the ocean.
Then it was time for the wedding.
This is a view from our room while they were setting it up.
What it looked like as we walked up.
Me and the pastor. :)
Conn and the groom, Roberto.
Conn with the groomsmen.
This is the bride's brother, Kody. We have known each other since junior high.
Sweet flower girl, Aubrey.
Rachel and her dad.
The married couple, Rachel and Roberto.
Conn got a little too close to the waves. :)
The whole gang
The reception was beautiful and picture perfect.
This is me and Kelly. We had never really met until this trip. But, we started talking and ended up having so many of the same friends. CRAZY!!!

The next day, Conn and I went on a sunset cruise, to see the famous arch.
The scenery was breathtaking.
We saw a pirate ship with real pirates and had to take a picture of it for Maggie. She is obsessed with pirates. She hasn't quit talking about this since I showed it to her.
Here is where the cruise took us around to the other side of the arch to watch the sun set.
Here is a hotel that set on the beach in between these two mountains.
AMAZING!!!!
Here is the arch after the sun set.
On our last day, this is all we did. It was PERFECT!!
So sad to leave!!!
A HUGE thanks, to my parents and Conn's parents, for watching all 3 of the kiddos so we could take this wonderful trip. We love you both and could not be more thankful for making this all possible.

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Great recap of a great trip! Love your blog! Can't wait to see you sometime soon :)

Amanda said...

Ashley!!! These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! ugh... I am so jealous!

You look fantastic. I can't believe you have 3 kids!

Where is that shirt from in the first picture?? It is SOOO cute!

I'm so glad you guys got to do this!! SO fun!

Kristyn said...

So glad that you guys had a great time!!! when I saw you were going to cabo, i thought that you knew Kelly. So funny that you had never met! They are a very sweet family!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

What a beautiful trip!
I knew that you were going, but had no idea that it was for Rachael's wedding! How wonderful!
I would have told you to give Kody a BIG hug from me!

Danyel Lintelman said...

Oh my goodness. Is that little Rachel Kahn (sp?)Weston and Kody's little sister? I am so old. What a wonderful trip! SO beautiful!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you had fun!!!!! Cabo is the best.

Lacey said...

FUN!! I am extreemly jealous of a 6 day getaway with your hubby. So fun! And glad you and Kelly got to meet! Looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ashley!! Amazing! That wedding was a perfect story book wedding. So beautiful. I'm so glad you got to get away!

Rachel Cobb said...

WOW! What a blessing! I wish we were there instead of the craziness going on in our home. It's amazing how peaceful it all looks. Hopefully I'll be in remissin soon and then... I really need a vacation! I'm so glad you all had a great time! Such a blessing to have parents close to watch the kiddos!

Lorren Says... said...

Beautiful pictures! Love that ocean blue water. You and Conn look great....glad you got a chance to get away!!

Emily said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm glad the weather was so nice for y'all.

Misty Straley said...

Fun stuff! Beautiful pictures...so happy you guys got to get away! You appreciate vacations so much more after you have children! :)

Anonymous said...

What was the name of the resort where you stayed ? It's gorgeous!

Connie McWhorter said...

On my, it looks like a little bit of heaven to me! How BEAUTIFUL!!! Love you, Mom