Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break - Day 2

Well, we had another gorgeous day here in Houston! I knew that I should probably do something outside with the kids today. We thought about the zoo, but with all of Houston being on spring break, I knew that it would probably be a nightmare. According to facebook status updates, I was exactly right! I mean, what did we ever do without facebook?! Ha! So, I loaded up the kids and we headed to Old Town Spring. If you're not familiar with this area, it is a little town by us that is full of nothing but great antique shops and restaurants that serve nothing but home-cooked style food. I picked up my mom on the way. We had a great day and the girls actually kind of liked the stores. Cash, on the other hand, was strapped to his stroller the whole time. So, it wasn't all that fun for him. :) If you are ever in this area, you should definitely check Old Town Spring out. Especially on beautiful days like today! Yes, it is so much more fun with a group of girl friends, your husband, or just by yourself. But, hey! 3 kids will work just fine, too!

Tonight, while I went out to eat and did a little shopping with a friend, Conn took the kids to eat at McDonalds. He texted me some pics while they were there. Love that about him! :)

4 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Where did you go tonight???? Fun time today - in spite of the icy water that the waiter dropped on Maggie and the "No Lunch Special during Spring Break" surprise at the check out counter!!!! Whaaaa!??!!
Mammy

Anonymous said...

Our kiddos are so blessed to have you as a mommy. I'm so glad you all went out and had so much fun. I love the pic of our girls being "sassy" on the table. So great. I love you babe. -Conn

Jennifer said...

Good idea on not going to the zoo. We went yesterday and it was soooo crowded!

Connie McWhorter said...

Love those prissy girls on the table! Nanny