Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Perfect 3-0!

On January 19th, I turned 30 years old. It was so wonderful! Everyone keeps asking if it has been this life changing day, and really, it hasn't felt any different. Maybe it is because I have been so busy that I haven't had time to give it much thought. I loved my 20's and had some incredible blessings. The past ten years have been busy and chaotic and I wouldn't change it for the world!

I was married at 21 to someone that was 7 years older than me and I had to grow up fast. After 6 LONG years, I finally graduated college, and had a classroom full of 28 2nd graders that were all mine. I had my first baby at 25 and had to learn to be responsible for someone other than myself. Here I sit and I am finally 30. I have 3 children under the age of 4, and have been married for almost 9 years. WOW! What a wonderful and crazy past 10 yrs. I have had!

So...for the Big 3-0, Conn asked me what I wanted. I said I wanted 3 things for my 30th. He came through like a pro! Way to go babe!!!

My 3 for 30 List

1. A PARRRRTAAAYYYY!!!!! I haven't had a party since I was 20, and I wanted something big. Don't ask me why, I just did. :) I left it all up to Conn. So...a couple of weeks ago, he surprised me with the best surprise party ever! He, and my dear friend Stacy, got the whole thing going. They invited our whole small group, some close friends, and our families together for a night of hanging out, fajitas, and fun. I walked in to what I thought was supposed to be a Small Group New Year Kick-Off Party HA! They had even gone as far as to send out emails about food sign-ups and stuff. Very funny!!! I totally bought it! I showed up with my 2 liter drinks and everything. Glad I looked half way decent!! Well, it was so not a small group party. It was MY party! YAY!!! I was shocked and blown away!!! Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends and family.



2. Next on the list...2 words...Keith Urban! :) I H-E-A-R-T Keith Urban! I have loved him for as long as I can remember. He is my Hollywood (or Nashville) "crush" . So, for the past year, I have been hinting to Conn how much I would love to have Keith come perform at my party. He would just laugh and roll his eyes. But, deep down, I was dead serious. Now...did I really think it was going to happen? Of course, not! But, a girl can dream, can't she?! Anyway, Conn went as far as to write and call Keith's booking agent, but they never got back with him. GASP!!! The nerve of those people. :) But, Conn was not going to let my dream come to a screeching halt. He was going to make sure, somehow and someway, make this happen. Boy, did he ever. Just check out the video that "Keith", so graciously, made just for me. HA!!!!

***pause my music play list and listen closely to Keith's b-day message made just for me! :)



3. Lastly, I wanted S-L-E-E-P!!! I didn't care when or where, I just wanted a full night of uninterrupted sleep! So...sleep is what I got. Conn took me away, for a night, to the wonderful Hotel ZaZa in Houston's Museum District. Yes, if you are wondering, I left my 6 week old with my wonderful parents. You do what you gotta do to stay sane. :) And...the girls had a blast with Conn's parents. We, on the other hand, slept a TON, watched movies, had a wonderful romantic dinner (where Conn caught the menu on fire), had an unbelievable couples massage, and ordered room service for breakfast. From the time we checked into the hotel, until it was time to check-out, we never left. It was amazing and exactly what I wanted. A perfect ending to my 3 for 30 list!!!


*****************************************************************************
Birthday Buddies

We have 3 January birthday's in my family. So...we usually celebrate them all in one night. We are quite the crew with 8 adults and 8 kids when we all go out to dinner. There is never a dull (or quiet) moment. :)


***************************************************************************

Thanks, babe, for making my 30th so wonderful! It is truly a birthday I will never forget! I love you!















7 comments:

Lindsay said...

What an awesome 30th birthday! Your hubby is so sweet & thoughtful. It cracks me up that he called Keith Urban's booking agent.

fleur said...

It's Kit! That video is awesome. Glad your 30th was so memorable!

Sarah S said...

I'm glad you had an AWESOME 30th birthday! I mean, it could have been just a tad bit rowdier if I would have been there...JUST KIDDING! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was wonderful! Happy belated! :)

I'm letting all of my friends know that this is my new blog address: www.SmithFamilyBlogg.blogspot.com

Andrea

Callie said...

yeah for hotel zaza! YOu guys deserve it!!!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

good job Conn-that looks like a birthday you will never forget!!!!

Danyel Lintelman said...

Oh my gosh!!! That was the funniest video! I made Ryan watch it and we were both rolling. You do have a great hunk of man there Ashley. =) Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!